Friday, May 27, 2011

Italian Lemon Cake


Italian Lemon Cake

Origin: Italy
Type: Dessert
Description: Unrefrigerated Dessert Cake


So this thing was sitting on the shelf, no refrigeration needed. I was curious, so I picked one up, took it home, and it sat in my kitchen for a week until I got around to finally opening it.


The cake is not so much a cake-cake, though that's what it looks like. It's more of a giant snack cake. It's got the consistency of a twinky with the hint of lemon. The frosting on top is too sweet and nothing particularly special.


It's a shame, really, because I usually like lemon flavored things. This cake, however, was kind of nauseating. I don't know if it was the flavor, texture, or added preservatives that did it, but I couldn't even finish a single piece. It tastes alright, but I wouldn't recommend it as it's just a sloppily put together glorified lemon flavored twinky.

No comments:

Post a Comment