Friday, July 8, 2011

Toblerone

foreign candy

Toblerone

Origin: Switzerland
Type: Candy
Description: Chocolate with nougat


Toblerone is a pretty popular chocolate, and not just in Switzerland. Toblerone can also be found in many candy and grocery stores all over the world, including right here in America. The first time I had the pleasure of trying this sweet treat was years ago in my German language class back in high school (I was also in German club just in case you're wondering). Our teacher would bring in all kinds of European snacks and treats for us to try as part of the cultural experience. This was one that stuck with me for some time.

foreign candy

At most markets here Toblerone can go for as much as $3 but I was lucky enough to find this and the fruit and nut version at the local dollar store. Toblerone is delicious! it comes in a bar of break apart triangle shaped pieces. The chocolate is smooth and tastes like other Swiss chocolates that I've tried before.

foreign candy

Inside you'll find chewy pieces of honey nougat and almond bits. This is definitely one of those chocolates that's made to be savored. Letting it melt in your mouth and getting the full flavor of the chocolate and then enjoying the little nougat bits is the way I like to eat Toberone. Toblerone is one of my favorite chocolate bars of all time. If you find one at your local market, I suggest you pick one up and try it for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment