Friday, June 17, 2011

Roasted Eel in a Can

Roasted Eel

Origin: Asian super market
Type: Canned Fish
Description: Preserved Eel in sauce


Now let me start by saying that I absolutely LOVE eel. Eel is probably one of my favorite fish to eat. When it's fresh, roasted grilled, with or without sauce, fresh or saltwater eel, I love it all! So sweet, succulent, and delicious. Needless to say, I was very excited to find and try this canned eel. My enthusiasm would be extinguished with the first bite.


Open the can, and it looks like eel. As soon as a stuck a fork in it, it was obvious that this was no regular eel. It was tough, not soft like the eel that I enjoy so much. The flavor is sweet, but not much like eel. It didn't taste like eel at all, not in flavor or texture. It's too chewy, about half way in I gave up. I couldn't finish it. It's no good. It's not something that I could eat regularly, but it's something that seems like it would be a nice treat if it were the only meat that you had to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment