Friday, June 10, 2011

Assorted Cheap Pate

Budget Pate

Origin: Croatia
Type: Topping
Description: Meat Paste


I'd never eaten Pate before, it's just not something that's all that popular state-side. These cans were only something like 60 cents a can at a local foreign food store so I picked up a couple to try them out.


Well, it's a meat paste. The ingredients include, pork fat, more fat, animal bits, and preservatives. Not exactly a healthy breakfast. I ended up spreading a heaping helping on a piece of toast. The consistency is a lot lighter than expected. The texture and flavor can be described as such; It's like whipped cream cheese that tastes like cocktail sausages and bland. I ate the piece of toast with the Pate but I didn't like it too much and had about 2/3 of a can left. It smells like cat food so I treated it as such. I left the remainder outside my front door for the stray cats outside to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment